INTENSIVE IN-HOME SERVICES
Intensive In-home services, a home-based family focused program for children from 5-21 with emotional difficulties, at risk of out-of-home placement or returning home from out-of-home placement.
INTENSIVE IN-HOME SERVICES PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY
The Intensive In-Home services program operated by Family Transitions, Inc. respects each family’s and individual’s right to self-determination. We assist the family in ensuring that the basic needs of the children are being met within their own cultural, spiritual and emotional context. As an agency, we do not impose our values on families, rather, Family Transitions, Inc. pinpoints the strengths and values of the family and with their willingness, helps them find their way to strengthen and healing.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
- Services are intensive and tailored to meet the needs of the families.
- In-Home Counselors carry small caseloads, usually not more than four to five assigned clients
- Our program focus is on empowering the clients and their families and teaching skills that will assist in dealing with stress and crisis situations in the future.
- We focus on a family’s strengths, building upon them and allowing the family maximum input in treatment planning.
- We strive to support our intensive in-home counselors in providing quality services to our clients through training them and holding them accountable to do what they say they are going to do.
GOALS AND BENEFITS OF INTENSIVE IN-HOME SERVICES
- To preserve the integrity of the family
- To prevent unnecessary out of home placements
- To link the child and family with the appropriate community agencies and services
- To create an ongoing community support system
- To strengthen the family’s’ coping skills and capacity to function effectively in the home and community
WHAT WE DO
The main focus of the intensive in-home service program is to serve and address the mental health needs of the child. In addition, the program provides aid to the family in locating educational services, economic services, medical services, social services, and legal services. Intensive In-Home Services provide integrated interventions to strengthen the family’s capacity to function effectively.
REFERRALS FOR SERVICES
Referrals to In-Home Services may be made by contacting the In-Home Services Director or Clinical Director. Children from 5-21 are appropriate for In-Home Services if:
- They are experiencing emotional difficulties
- They are returning home from an out of home placement
- They are at serious risk of an out of home placement
- Intensive In-Home Services are considered the necessary treatment strategy
Intensive In-Home Services
Individuals must demonstrate a clinical necessity for services arising from a severe condition due to mental health, behavioral or emotional illness that results in significant functional impairments in major life activities. Individuals must meet at least two of the following criteria on a continuing or intermittent basis
Individuals must have difficulty due to mental health, behavioral health or emotional illness in establishing or maintaining normal relationships to such a degree that they are at risk of hospitalization or out of home placement because of conflicts with family or community; and or
Individuals exhibit such in-appropriate behavior due to mental health, behavioral health or emotional illness that repeated interventions by the local mental health authority, social services or judicial system are necessary and/or
Individuals must exhibit difficulty in cognitive ability due to mental health, behavioral health or emotional illness such that they are unable to recognize their personal danger or recognize significantly inappropriate social behavior. For example, is at risk for acting out in such a fashion that will cause harm to themselves or others.