Adult Mental Health Skill Building Program
The Adult Mental Health Skill Building Program operated by Family Transitions, Inc. provides individualized counseling and life skills training to adults 18 or older who, due to mental illness, would otherwise have trouble maintaining community stability and independence. Some major areas of focus include daily living skills training, accessing community resources, health and safety, financial management and social supports, Mental Health Skill Building services are individualized, client centered and facilitated in the clients’ home and their community.
Who is Eligible?
- Adult client 18 or older
- Diagnosis of serious mental illness, or struggling with behavioral problems.
- Individuals with dual diagnosis
- Problems with interpersonal relationships.
- Individuals who are unable to recognize personal danger or inappropriate social behavior.
- Individuals who require basic living skills training
- Individuals who may be at risk of homelessness
What are the benefits of Mental Health Skill Building Services?
- Medication Education Support
- Crisis Support and Coordination
- Household Management/ Personal Budgeting
- Health Care Engagement/ Appointment Coordination Assistance
- Life Skill Development
- Independent Living Promotion
- Nutrition Education
- Meal Planning
- Personal Hygiene
- Daily Living Skills Training
- Service Coordination and Community Resource Linkage
- Comprehensive Case Management and Discharge Planning